I am shamelessly using April’s blog to get ideas; my consolation today is that if she tagged people-which she doesn’t-she would have tagged me. There you go. So I am supposed to list these 6 quirky things about me, but then I got to thinking that really, I am not at all quirky. I am THE most normal person I know, really. Which, okay, doesn’t say a lot for the friends I have, but since this is about ME, we won’t go there.
1. I have to write with black ink. I prefer roller ball pens (one brand in particular, but I will use others in a pinch), but use black ballpoint at work-but they have to have a thin barrel. This is not as odd as it sounds; one of my sisters can only write with blue ink, and she has to have a certain number of pens in her purse at all times-an odd number.
2. I have such an intense hatred of meatloaf that it makes me gag, literally, to even cook onions and hamburger together because it smells like, you got it, meatloaf. I also cannot eat meatballs, in a restaurant or otherwise, for the same reason. The reasons for this are too intense for this particular post, but along the same lines and for similar reasons, I cannot eat egg salad. I love deviled eggs, though, so that one doesn’t make any sense.
3. Continuing in the same vein, I love bread; not like a loaf of bread that you can buy at the grocery store, but bread. There is a Cheese Factory here that sells bread (which doesn’t make any sense to me, but they also sell meat-odd) that they make fresh there two or three days a week, and I can literally eat half a loaf; Asiago cheese bread (hm, there is the connection. I don’t know what the meat connection is; because bread is made from grain, which cows eat? Cows which supply the milk?).
4. I have a deep seated fear of getting/being lost. The funny part of that one is that I have never actually BEEN lost, so I am not sure why it is such an issue.
5. I am slightly OCD; I have to check my alarm clock four or five times before I go to bed to make sure I have it set for the right time and that it is acutally turned on. I often leave the coffeepot on, and God knows I DON’T iron, so I guess I have to obsess about something.
6. I love to drive. Not like in traffic (because I also have just the slightest bit of road rage) but on trips; love to cruise down the road with the radio playing, looking at everything going on around me. I would much rather drive than take a plane somewhere, even though I also love to fly.
Hm. None of those sounds very quirky to me; I am sure there are a lot of other things about me that are much more odd, but really, I just can’t think of any right now!