The time has finally come for me to give away the following items: First Prize: a Seventh Generation reusable grocery bag filled with different sample of environmentally-friendly products. Also included are full-sized bars of soap from Toms of Maine and De-lux. Second Prize: A Burts Bees overnight beauty bag and a $25 Visa gift card, and Third Prize: an E-Certificate for 50 free photo prints from Snapfish. In addition, all three winners will receive a CD of my favorite songs.
1. What food on the following list would I rather go hungry than ever eat? Bonus points if you know why.
- Ramen Noodles
- Meatloaf : I don’t eat meatloaf, I don’t eat meatballs because they taste like meatloaf, and no matter how good “your” meatloaf is, I won’t even try it. I had a traumatic meatloaf experience when I was a kid, and it is one I have never recovered from.
2. What other blog do I write for? The Rocky Mountain Moms Blog
3. How many times have I been married? And which marriage was the biggest mistake? I have been married twice, and the second one was the biggest mistake, except that I got Sam out of it.
4. I got a soundtrack for my birthday; what movie was it for? Juno
5. I do work, specifically selling insurance to eat, but I write to live (or, what do I do to keep me semi-sane while I am performing my job as an…)?
6. Which of the following is on my Top Ten list of Pet Peeves? This was actually a trick question; the answer is “all of the above.”
- People who talk on their cell phones while driving
- Misspelled signs (as in advertising or outside stores)
- The sound of an animal licking itself
- Sarah Palin
7. If I had unlimited financial resources, what would be the first thing I would do? Start up a foundation for single parents, which would provide support groups and counseling as well as grant money for worthy singe parents. It would be mainly targeted toward single mothers, but no single parent would be exempt from applying for services.
8. Of the following words/phrases I have had attributed to me in the last 6 months, which bothers me the most?
- Fucked up
- Mommy blogger: I don’t like the negative connotations that this has, and I am SO much more than “just” a mommy that it seems like a derogatory, demeaning label to me.
9. Which blogger would I choose to meet first if given the chance? It surprised me how many of you wrote Ms. Moon ; she would be my second choice, but first belongs to April. We email daily, we talk on the phone sometimes, she is just so much a part of my life that it seems odd that we haven’t yet seen each other in person, but there you go.
10.Do I know how to type? Actually no, I don’t. By that I mean that I have taught myself over the years, and I am still terrible at it. Any of you who are the recipient of emails from me know that every other word is a typo, and even though I blame it on my thoughts going faster than my fingers, it is really because I have learned to hunt and peck rapidly.
And the winners are…First Place Goes to Hugabug, Second Place to Julie, and Third Place goes to Amber, who doesn’t want the prize so it will instead go to justme. Several of you missed the same number of questions, so I based it on who answered first in that case. But: since I only had six people actually enter, all of you will get a CD mix of my favorite songs. So if you are Hugabug, Freedom First, Mrs.4444, Julie,JustMe, or Amber, please email me with your address so I can get these things sent out.
And mention must be made of my dear friend XBox, who gave the most hilarious answers imaginable. I know he won’t take a prize, beings as his wife is all knocked up and now he thinks he doesn’t need anything else to be happy and all, but he wins in terms of creativity hands down!
Thanks to all of you who played along, and thanks for being here to “celebrate” my 300th post; I don’t know why 300 seems like such a big deal to me, but it IS. 300 times now I have laid bare my life for all to see, and 300 times the act of writing has helped me process different events. 300 times I have had people read what I have written and as my post numbers have grown from 3 to 300, I have made friends and gotten more support and love than I could ever have imagined 300 posts ago. So thanks again, to all of you, for becoming part of my life and allowing me to see parts of yours.
***I will be doing a password-protected post tomorrow, so if you would like to read it, please email me and let me know. If you don’t already have my email address, it can be found on my contact page. And if I don’t grant your request for the password, you can rest assured that I am probably talking about you.***